Oh my!
Hello!
Well I've started work at Oxfam in Kampala, and it's extremely exciting! I'm going to be working on the Humanitarian and Advocacy team, mostly focusing on the conflict in the north. I'll be working with other NGOs as well as UN and donor agencies. We have a meeting this afternoon with Amnesty, then one with all other NGOs tomorrow, then one with Jan Egaland from the UN at the UNHCR office on Friday... I'm loving it, and it's only my first day!
I'll try and get some photos up here soon.
I'm loving: the red earth, the crazy matatus, the friendliness of the people, the food (similar to Tanzanian food, esp the 'matoke' plantain!) and most of all the guava juice! mmm..
Tom's doing well, he's at the Children's Centre today. He's still a little fragile but loving it here too.
Anyways, keep the comments rolling in, we love you all dearly!
Anna
ps- cate see my reply in the next entry comments - no need to be confused!
Well I've started work at Oxfam in Kampala, and it's extremely exciting! I'm going to be working on the Humanitarian and Advocacy team, mostly focusing on the conflict in the north. I'll be working with other NGOs as well as UN and donor agencies. We have a meeting this afternoon with Amnesty, then one with all other NGOs tomorrow, then one with Jan Egaland from the UN at the UNHCR office on Friday... I'm loving it, and it's only my first day!
I'll try and get some photos up here soon.
I'm loving: the red earth, the crazy matatus, the friendliness of the people, the food (similar to Tanzanian food, esp the 'matoke' plantain!) and most of all the guava juice! mmm..
Tom's doing well, he's at the Children's Centre today. He's still a little fragile but loving it here too.
Anyways, keep the comments rolling in, we love you all dearly!
Anna
ps- cate see my reply in the next entry comments - no need to be confused!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home