Pienaar adventures

Tom and Anna's updates

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

woooooooooooooa

how hilarious
I'm ever so sorry about the seemingly endless last posts from Kampala... you'll be glad to hear we're back safe and sound and there'll be no more of those!
The comments made me cry with laughter.
SO. I (anna) arrived back this morning, and I can't tell you HOW MUCH I enjoyed a shower at cate's house under a showerhead the size of a plate, and what seemed like the comfiest bed and feather duvet in the world, prepared by her mum .. aaaaaaaa
Had a few amusing moments in transit - tried to bring some stuff back for hdc but entirely failed as i was already way over the weight limit and the lady tried to charge me 90 dollars! Not quite sure how it happened but she then somehow changed her mind and settled on scolding me with a "travel lighter next time" parting comment. ok!
George from the guesthouse had given me a heauge avocado to take back for Tom (!) which was somehow overlooked by the guy searching through my bag for unacceptable items..
I had such fun in Nairobi airport in a last-minute-spare-currency-shopping-spree that i flew around the terminal leaning on my trolley like a little kid..
my interesting collection of presents included a bottle of "Stoney" ginger beer..
on the flight I sat next to an "unaccompanied minor" who kept falling asleep leaning on me..
Oh and i forgot to mention the guy on the flight to nairobi who was completely smashed and one of the only people on this whole trip i was properly rude to!
It was altogether a pretty eventful and chuckleworthy journey, and it sure is good to be back. I had way too much fun going to Tescos just now.
we're now back on our old numbers (t- 07914 873405 a- 07811 462837), off to italy friday then back to wales for a week of essay-ing. Looking forward to seeing you all!
love, anna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home