Pienaar adventures

Tom and Anna's updates

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pride Comes.......

Hello hello!
Well, after my last update, bragging about my carefree fearlessness on the boda boda motor scooters (to which one sister, Abigail, found hilarious yet highly suspect), I have had my swagger knocked a little. My friend John (real name Steve, see post below) borrowed a friend's bike and wanted totake me into town on it. However, picture two mazungos (means white man - not sure about the spelling) with two rucksacks and a large box trying to poodle a lawnmower style scooter up a fierce hill and falling off twice - much to the amusement of the watching locals. I bade my friend farewell and decided to meet him in the city centre by a safer means of transport. Ok, so Abi was right, I am a little hesitant to get back on!!!! (No damage done by the way - just a couple of slight grazes and a sorer back, which the painkillers are still helping with)

REQUEST: Some of the children want to learn new kids songs, christian or not. However, my mind has gone blank, and I need some more to keep the image up!! Any suggestions - just the title is fine, as I do know alot, but just need memory joggers. Thanks xxxxx

Anyway, we are going to a fun sounding jazz night tonight, which will be a laugh.

Oh gosh...I nearly forgot one of the funniest times I have had for ages...we went to watch Pride and Prejudice at the cinema in central Kampala, and the audience reaction was superb, laughing and heckling at completely random (for an englishman) moments - me and Anna were in stitches.

Love you all masses
Soljer
xx

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God tom, you are quite determined to be the true 'soljer' arent you? anyway, while you are at it though, just remember you have to keep yourself in one piece so you can live to tell us about it....:)
Take care you two

06 April, 2006 15:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More pictures Anna, common....

p.s; dat was me to tom earlier not anonymous

06 April, 2006 15:35  
Blogger Sproggy said...

here's a few kids songs to be going on with tom
1. Who's the king of the jungle (oo..ooo)..
2. My God is so big, so strong and so mighty....
3. He's got the whole world in his hands...
4. Jesus' love is very wonderful...
5. I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart..(where?)
6. If i had a hammer...
7. Kookabarra sits in the old gum tree...
8. Supercalafragalisticexpialidocious...
9. Ohhhhhh the hokey cokey....
10. If i were a butterfly....
hope that helps buddy...lots of love to you and your good lady wife...we love you pienaars
love mrs wez and family xxxxxxx

06 April, 2006 17:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Tom.
A singer and a soldier.."the singing soldier!" - oh yes. Loved reading the stuff guys - looks wonderful.
Good to see the pictures, the places look very diff 2 what I had expected.
Had our final 12 last night - a no. of people had been on the blog. Cheers

07 April, 2006 06:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all ur friends have nicked the good ideas, but how about 'my god is a great big god'?!?!?!?
er.... 'im gonna zoom zoom zoom round the room room room' but u hav 2 do the actions!! 'we are marching in the light of god is quite a good one too.

See u round!!

luv u n miss u loads xx

07 April, 2006 17:01  
Blogger Sarah said...

Here's some songs we used a lot when we were teaching English to kids in Japan:

1. There was a farmer, had a dog, and Bingo was his name, oh! B-I-N-G-O....
2. Head and shoulders, knees and toes.
3. I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
4. If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.
5. Old McDonald had a farm.

09 April, 2006 02:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home