Pienaar adventures

Tom and Anna's updates

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hello London!

Phewy! We're now both in London, staying with my uncle and aunt in Clapham until the end of August. It sure is hot here!!
So all's well, apart from the fact that I'm a little culture shocked and overwhelmed having been living in quiet and peaceful Wales! It's pretty busy and noisy here.
I'm working away at my dissertation, which is coming along nicely.
As Tom has been spreading rumours about my potential job and i've been getting inquiring phone calls from you lovely folks up in Manchester I might as well spill the beans even tho it's not totally confirmed..
While we were in Philadelphia we visited a friend of my dad's in a company called Geneva Global, who advise government donors and philanthropists on where to give their money re: developing country projects. They do research into grassroots projects where money is desperately needed, and they're just building a department for Conflict Recovery. SO I happen to be doing my dissertation on post conflict reconstruction in northern Uganda, and they were very interested, as that's an area they're starting work in. They introduced me to a number of different people, and the end result was that I think I was offered a job! I'm going to their international staff conference in Philadelphia at the end of August, and have a phone interview/chat with my potential boss tomorrow, so watch this space!
Anyway, lotsa love and thanks for your phonecalls - keep em coming (as I don't have credit!)anna

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...that job opportunity sounds super-exciting anna...will ring to find out how the phone-call went later...glad to hear you and tom are in the same country again...must be nice!
got a lovely e-mail back from your mummy today....she's a wonder..
love you lots and will talk soon
penny x

27 July, 2006 12:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Anna...it sounds amazing. And my dissertation is not coming along...at all. This working and sun thing seems to get in the way. So where will that be over there or in the mighty big city of London. See you soon. Ed

28 July, 2006 10:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home